Energy resource endowments - POLES
|Institution||JRC - Joint Research Centre - European Commission (EC-JRC), Belgium, http://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/poles.|
|Solution concept||Partial equilibrium (price elastic demand)|
|Solution method||SimulationRecursive simulation|
The model distinguishes different geographical representations according to the resource considered.
Supply is linked to demand regions via trade:
- Oil: producers all export to single global market "pool"
- Gas: large producers export towards 14 importing regions; small producers only supply domestic demand
- Coal: large producers export towards 14 importing regions; small producers only supply domestic demand
- Solid biomass: producers supply domestic demand or export towards a global market depending on the relative cost of production
- Liquid biofuels: similar to solid biomass
- Uranium: single global supply cost curve
- Primary electricity (hydro, solar, wind): country-specific renewables potentials for power generation for domestic electricity demand