Spatial dimension - PROMETHEUS
PROMETHEUS describes full energy system and CO2 emissions balances for 10 geographical regions covering the World, including:
- EU28 Member States (slpit into the new Member States that entered the Union after 2004, and the previous 15 EU Member States) +Norway and Switzerland
- North America (USA and Canada)
- Western Pacific (Japan, S. Korea. Australia, New Zealand)
- Commonwealth of Independent States (e.g. the Former Soviet Union excluding the Baltic Republics)
- Middle East and North Africa: the Middle East (from the Mediterranean to the Iranian border with Afghanistan and Pakistan) and North Africa (Egypt, Libya, Tunisia , Algeria, Morocco)
- Emerging Economies: Including all other countries that had more than 4000 ($11) PPPs per capita in 2005. Broadly speaking this region includes Turkey, almost the whole of Latin America, Southeast Asia (excluding Indonesia and Indochina) and Southern Africa.
- Rest of world: All other countries, mostly in Africa and South East Asia
Fossil fuel production and renewable energies potentials (wind, solar, biomass) follow the geographical representation of the energy balances.
The international air and maritime bunkers are represented separately.
Energy demand and related emissiosn at World level is the sum of all regions and bunkers.
|No previous version available|
|Institution||E3Modelling (E3M), Greece, https://e3modelling.com/modelling-tools.|
|Solution concept||Partial equilibrium (price elastic demand)|
|Anticipation||Energy system simulation.Foresight is included only is some sub-modules (i.e. electricity generation)|